The last item on our agenda is not for everyone. But if you’re a LabourStart correspondent and you care about the future of our project, please plan on sticking around another 90 minutes after the formal conference closes. This is our usual post-conference correspondents’ meeting and this year, we even have a draft agenda. Here it is:
- Campaigns – time for LS to take the initiative?
- Labour News Network – developing worker-correspondents to create alternatives to what’s in the media (e.g., reports from the frontlines, from picket lines, from jail cells, etc)
- LS Books – what next, who decides, how we decide, other languages, alternatives to CreateSpace (who are very bad about paying us, who deduct US income taxes etc)
- Next conference – Vancouver, date? Derek to report
- Technical support – sharing the burden of the LS to-do list
- Creating offline groups – e.g., Berlin.
- The future of UnionBook
- Recuiting correspondents, finding out what support they need